Title: How to Uninstall Wacom Driver on Mac: A Step-by-Step Guide
Have you ever encountered issues with your Wacom tablet on your Mac computer? Sometimes, the best solution to these problems is to uninstall and reinstall the Wacom driver. But how can you do that? In this article, we will guide you through every step of this process. Keep reading to discover how to uninstall Wacom driver on Mac, and breathe new life into your drawing experience.
Why Uninstall Wacom Driver on Mac?
Before jumping into the step-by-step instructions, let’s understand why you would want to uninstall the Wacom driver on Mac. There are a few reasons:
1. Compatibility issues with a new macOS update.
2. Unresolved bugs within the driver software.
3. A better version of the driver becomes available.
4. The need to perform a clean installation.
Whatever the reason, understanding how to uninstall Wacom driver on Mac can save you a lot of time and frustration. So let’s dive right in!
Ensure You have Administrator Privileges
To uninstall Wacom driver on Mac, you must have administrator privileges. If you’re not sure whether your account has these, follow these steps:
1. Click the Apple menu in the top-left corner of your screen.
2. Select System Preferences.
3. Click Users & Groups.
4. Verify that your account has the label “Admin” under your username.
If you don’t have admin privileges, you should consult with the computer’s administrator before proceeding.
Step-by-Step Guide to Uninstall Wacom Driver on Mac
Step 1: Disconnect the Wacom Tablet
First, make sure your Wacom tablet is disconnected from your Mac. Turn off the tablet and remove any plugs or connections to your computer.
Step 2: Quit the Wacom Driver Software
If the Wacom driver software is running, make sure to quit it before proceeding with uninstallation. You can do this by right-clicking the Wacom icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen and selecting Quit.
Step 3: Open the Applications Folder
Navigate to the Applications folder on your Mac, either through Finder or by clicking the Applications folder in your Dock.
Step 4: Find the Wacom Tablet Utility
In the Applications folder, locate the Wacom Tablet folder. Open this folder and find the Wacom Tablet Utility application.
Step 5: Launch the Wacom Tablet Utility
Double-click the Wacom Tablet Utility to launch it. A window will open with multiple options, including “Backup”, “Restore”, “Remove”, and “About”.
Step 6: Remove All User Settings and Preferences
Before uninstalling the Wacom driver, you should remove all user settings and preferences. To do this, click on the Remove button under User Preferences in the Wacom Tablet Utility.
Step 7: Uninstall the Wacom Driver
Finally, click on the Remove button under Tablet Software in the Wacom Tablet Utility. This will completely uninstall the Wacom driver from your Mac.
Step 8: Restart Your Mac
Once the uninstallation process is complete, restart your Mac to ensure that all changes are applied successfully.
Reinstalling the Wacom Driver on Mac
Now that you’ve learned how to uninstall Wacom driver on Mac, you might want to reinstall it. To do this, simply visit the Wacom website, download the appropriate driver for your tablet model and macOS version, and follow the installation instructions provided.
Knowing how to uninstall Wacom driver on Mac not only resolves issues with the tablet but also helps you keep your system clean and updated. The step-by-step guide provided in this article makes the process easier and ensures a smooth experience with your Wacom tablet. If you follow these steps, you’ll be back to creating your digital masterpieces in no time!
macOS Ventura – 14 Settings You NEED to Change on Launch
How To Uninstall and Delete Apps and Programs on a Mac Computer
How do I uninstall and reinstall Wacom on Mac?
Uninstalling Wacom on Mac
To uninstall Wacom on your Mac, follow these steps:
1. Disconnect your Wacom tablet from the computer.
2. Open the Finder by clicking on the Finder icon in the Dock.
3. In the Finder menu, click on Go and then choose Go to Folder.
4. Type /Applications/Wacom Tablet/ into the dialog box and click Go.
5. Inside the Wacom Tablet folder, find the Wacom Tablet Utility and launch it.
6. In the Wacom Tablet Utility, you will see three options: Backup Settings, Restore Settings, and Remove. Click on Remove to uninstall the Wacom software.
7. A dialog box will appear asking if you want to remove the selected software. Click OK to proceed.
8. The utility will then uninstall the Wacom software and drivers. You may need to enter your Mac’s administrator password to confirm the removal process.
9. Once the process is complete, restart your computer.
Reinstalling Wacom on Mac
To reinstall Wacom on your Mac, follow these steps:
1. Visit the Wacom Support website at https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/product-support/drivers
2. Select your Wacom tablet from the list of products and find the appropriate driver for your operating system (macOS).
3. Download the driver and save the file on your computer.
4. Locate the downloaded file (usually in the Downloads folder) and double-click on it to start the installation process.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Wacom driver.
6. Once the installation is complete, restart your computer.
7. After restarting, connect your Wacom tablet to the computer and test it to ensure proper functionality.
How do I uninstall Wacom drivers?
Uninstalling Wacom drivers is a simple process that will help you ensure that your system is free from any unnecessary files or conflicts. Follow these steps to successfully uninstall Wacom drivers from your computer:
1. Close all open applications that may be using the Wacom tablet or its drivers.
2. Disconnect the Wacom tablet from your computer to prevent any issues during the uninstallation process.
3. Click on the Start menu and select Control Panel. If you’re using Windows 8 or later, right-click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list.
4. In the Control Panel, click on Programs and Features. This will bring up a list of all the installed applications on your computer.
5. Locate the Wacom driver in the list. It should be listed as “Wacom Tablet” or something similar, depending on your specific Wacom device.
6. Click on the Wacom driver to highlight it, and then click on the Uninstall button at the top of the window.
7. You’ll be prompted to confirm the uninstallation. Click Yes to proceed with the uninstall process.
8. Follow any additional prompts or instructions as they appear on the screen. Once the uninstallation is complete, you may be asked to restart your computer. Make sure to save any open files before doing so.
After you’ve completed these steps, your Wacom drivers should be entirely removed from your system. If you wish to reinstall the drivers, simply visit the Wacom website and download the latest driver for your specific tablet model.
How do I uninstall drivers on Mac?
Uninstalling drivers on a Mac is slightly different from uninstalling regular apps. Follow these steps to uninstall drivers on your Mac:
1. Quit the related application: Before you attempt to uninstall the driver, make sure that the related application isn’t running. Close the application if it’s open.
2. Go to Library folder: To access the Library folder, open a Finder window and click on Go in the menu bar while holding down the Option (or Alt) key. Choose Library from the dropdown menu.
3. Locate the driver files: Driver files are typically located in one of the following folders:
– /Library/Application Support/
4. Remove the driver files: Find the files related to the driver you want to uninstall (usually named after the manufacturer or product). Drag them to the Trash or right-click and select Move to Trash to delete them.
5. Empty Trash: Lastly, empty the Trash to permanently remove the driver files from your Mac. Right-click on the Trash icon in your dock and select Empty Trash.
Note: If the above method doesn’t work or you feel unsure about manually deleting files, consider using a dedicated uninstaller app for Mac. These apps can locate and remove all associated files for a particular driver or application, ensuring a clean and thorough removal.
Always be cautious when deleting files from the Library folder, as some files might be critical to the proper functioning of your Mac. Before making any changes, it’s a good idea to create a backup of your system with Time Machine or another backup solution.
How do I reset my Wacom driver Mac?
To reset your Wacom driver on a Mac in the context of uninstalling apps, follow these steps:
1. Disconnect your Wacom tablet from your Mac.
2. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Wacom Tablet > Wacom Tablet Utility.
3. In the Wacom Tablet Utility, click the Backup Settings button to create a backup of your settings (optional but recommended).
4. Next, click on the Remove button under the “Tablet Software” section. This will uninstall the Wacom driver from your Mac.
5. Once the removal is complete, restart your Mac.
6. After the restart, go to the Wacom website and download the latest driver for your specific Wacom tablet model.
7. Install the new driver by following the on-screen instructions.
8. Once the installation is finished, reconnect your Wacom tablet to your Mac.
9. If you created a backup of your settings, you can now open the Wacom Tablet Utility again and click Restore Settings to import your previous settings.
By following these steps, you have successfully reset your Wacom driver on your Mac in the context of uninstalling apps.
What is the step-by-step process to safely uninstall Wacom drivers on a Mac?
Uninstalling Wacom drivers on a Mac can be done safely and efficiently by following these steps:
1. Disconnect your Wacom tablet from your Mac. To ensure a proper uninstallation, make sure your Wacom tablet is not connected to your computer.
2. Close all the applications that may be using the Wacom drivers. This includes any drawing or graphics programs that may be running in the background.
3. Open Finder and navigate to the Applications folder.
4. Locate the Wacom Tablet folder in the Applications folder. This should contain the Wacom Tablet Utility application.
5. Launch the Wacom Tablet Utility by double-clicking on it.
6. In the Wacom Tablet Utility window, you’ll see three buttons: Backup, Restore, and Remove. Click on the “Remove” button to begin the uninstallation process.
7. A warning message will appear, asking you to confirm your decision to uninstall the Wacom drivers. Click on the “Yes” button to proceed with the uninstallation.
8. The Wacom Tablet Utility will now remove all the associated files and drivers from your system. This process may take a few minutes.
9. Once the removal process is complete, reboot your Mac to ensure all the changes have taken effect.
10. After the reboot, check the Applications folder and system preferences to verify that the Wacom drivers have been successfully uninstalled. If the Wacom Tablet folder and Wacom Tablet pane are no longer visible, the drivers have been removed correctly.
By following these steps, you can safely uninstall Wacom drivers on your Mac without causing any issues for your system.
Are there any specific tools or utilities recommended for completely removing Wacom drivers from a Mac system?
Yes, there are specific tools and utilities recommended for completely removing Wacom drivers from a Mac system. One such utility is Wacom Tablet Utility, which comes with the installation of Wacom drivers. Additionally, you can use third-party applications like AppCleaner or AppZapper to remove any leftover files after uninstalling the main driver.
To completely remove Wacom drivers using the Wacom Tablet Utility:
1. Disconnect your Wacom tablet from your Mac.
2. Open the Applications folder, and then navigate to the “Wacom Tablet” folder.
3. Launch the Wacom Tablet Utility application.
4. In the Wacom Tablet Utility window, click the “Remove” button next to “Tablet Software.”
5. Enter your admin password when prompted and confirm the action.
6. Restart your Mac.
If you want to use third-party applications like AppCleaner or AppZapper:
1. Download and install either AppCleaner or AppZapper from their respective websites.
2. Launch the application and drag the “Wacom Tablet” folder from the Applications folder into the AppCleaner or AppZapper window.
3. The utility will display all the associated files with the Wacom drivers. Make sure to select all items.
4. Click the “Delete” or “Zap” button to remove all the selected files.
5. Restart your Mac.
Remember to always restart your Mac after uninstalling software to ensure that all changes are applied.
How can I troubleshoot issues arising from uninstalling Wacom drivers on my Mac and ensure a clean removal?
Troubleshooting issues and ensuring a clean removal of Wacom drivers on your Mac involves several steps. Follow these instructions to achieve a successful uninstallation:
1. Disable Wacom driver: Before starting the uninstall process, go to System Preferences, select Wacom Tablet, and disable or turn off any functionalities related to your device.
2. Disconnect your Wacom device: Physically disconnect the Wacom tablet from your Mac to avoid any conflicts during the uninstall process.
3. Delete the Wacom Driver files: To remove all traces of the Wacom driver, you’ll need to delete the associated files manually. Locate and remove the following files and folders:
– /Applications/Wacom Tablet
– /Library/Application Support/Tablet
Note: The user’s library folder might be hidden. To access it, open Finder, click on Go in the menu bar, hold the Option key, and click on Library.
4. Empty Trash: After deleting the files, make sure to empty your trash to permanently remove the files from your system.
5. Restart your Mac: Once you have removed all the necessary files, restart your computer to ensure that any remaining memory references to the Wacom drivers are cleared.
6. Verify the removal: After restarting, double-check to confirm that the Wacom drivers are completely uninstalled. Look for any leftover Wacom-related files or settings in System Preferences, Application Support, and User Preferences folders.
7. Reinstall if necessary: If you plan on reinstalling the Wacom drivers, download the latest version from the official Wacom website and follow the installation instructions. Once installed, reconnect your Wacom device and check for proper functionality.
By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot issues arising from uninstalling Wacom drivers on your Mac and ensure a clean removal.