**5 Easy Steps: How to Uninstall Games from Microsoft Store**
You may be an expert in software, but sometimes even the most skilled professionals need assistance when it comes to certain tasks. One such task is uninstalling games from the Microsoft Store. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through five simple steps that will teach you how to uninstall games from the Microsoft Store with ease. Let’s dive into a captivating story of John, a software engineer who found himself in a similar predicament.
John, a seasoned software engineer, found himself in a situation where he needed to uninstall a game from the Microsoft Store due to storage constraints on his enterprise-grade laptop. As an expert in his field, John was pleasantly surprised by the simplicity of the uninstallation process, which allowed him to free up valuable space on his device without any hassle. Intrigued? Keep reading to find out how John accomplished this task in just five easy steps and how you can do the same.
**1. Launch the Microsoft Store Application**
The first step in learning how to uninstall games from the Microsoft Store is accessing the application itself. To do this, simply locate the **Microsoft Store icon in your Start menu or taskbar**, and click on it to open the application.
**2. Sign in to Your Account (If Required)**
Before proceeding with the uninstallation, you may need to sign in to your Microsoft account. If you’re already logged in, skip this step. If not, locate the **profile icon in the upper right corner** and click on it. Enter your Microsoft account credentials and sign in.
**3. Access the “My Library” Section in the Microsoft Store**
Once you are signed into your account, the next step is locating the “My Library” section within the store. It is here that you will find all the applications and games you have downloaded. To access this section, click on the **ellipsis (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner** of the application and select **”My Library”** from the dropdown menu.
**4. Identify the Game You Wish to Uninstall**
Now that you have accessed your library, the next step is to find the game you wish to uninstall. Under the **”All Owned”** tab, you will see a list of all applications and games tied to your Microsoft account. This list may be quite extensive, depending on how many apps you have downloaded over time. Navigate through the list until you locate the game you want to uninstall.
*Pro Tip: Use the search function on the top right corner of the “My Library” page to quickly locate the desired game.*
**5. Perform the Uninstallation Process**
Upon locating the game, you should see an icon of a **downward-pointing arrow with a checkmark** indicating that it is installed on your system. Click on this icon, and from the dropdown menu that appears, select **”Uninstall”**. A confirmation dialogue box will appear; click on **”Uninstall”** again to initiate the process. The Microsoft Store will promptly remove the game from your device, freeing up valuable storage space.
And there you have it – five simple steps John utilized to successfully uninstall a game from the Microsoft Store. By following this easy guide, you too can master the art of uninstalling games from the Microsoft Store like a seasoned software engineer.
As an expert in software, you can now confidently tackle the task of uninstalling games from the Microsoft Store whenever needed. Your expertise and our detailed explanation make for an unbeatable combination, ensuring that you will easily navigate the process and rid your device of unwanted games. So go ahead, try out these steps and embrace the satisfaction of a decluttered device!
Remember, it’s always essential to keep your software up-to-date and maintain optimal performance levels on your devices, allowing you to make the most of your digital experience. And now, you have gained the knowledge on how to uninstall games from the Microsoft Store; another valuable tool in your software engineering toolkit!
How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge the right way?
CARA MENGHAPUS APLIKASI YANG TIDAK BISA DIHAPUS / UNINSTALL – SOLUSI PC / LAPTOP JADI RINGAN
How do I Uninstall games from the Windows Store?
Uninstalling games from the Windows Store is a simple process, and can be completed in a few steps. Below are the key steps to guide you in uninstalling games:
1. Open the Start menu: Click on the Windows icon located at the bottom left corner of your screen to access the Start menu.
2. Search for the game: Type the name of the game you want to uninstall in the search bar. The game’s icon should appear in the search results.
3. Right-click on the game icon: Once you locate the game’s icon, right-click on it to open a dropdown menu.
4. Select “Uninstall”: From the dropdown menu, click on the “Uninstall” option. This will initiate the removal process of the game from your device.
5. Confirm the action: A pop-up window may appear asking for confirmation of the uninstallation. Click on “Uninstall” again to proceed with the removal of the game.
After completing these steps, the game should be successfully uninstalled from your device. If you wish to reinstall the game in the future, simply visit the Windows Store and download it again.
How do I Uninstall an app installed from the Microsoft Store?
To **uninstall an app** installed from the **Microsoft Store**, follow these simple steps:
1. Click on the Start button or press the Windows key on your keyboard.
2. Scroll through the list of apps or search for the app in the Start menu’s search bar.
3. Locate the app you want to uninstall, and then **right-click** on it.
4. Select Uninstall from the context menu that appears.
5. A window will pop up asking to confirm the action, click Uninstall again.
The app will now be uninstalled from your system.
Why can’t i Uninstall app from Microsoft Store?
There could be several reasons why you can’t uninstall an app from the Microsoft Store. Here are some common issues and their solutions:
1. Administrator rights: To uninstall certain apps, you need to have administrator rights on your computer. Make sure you’re logged in as an administrator or have the necessary permissions before trying to uninstall the app.
2. Corrupted app: It’s possible that the app itself is corrupted, preventing you from uninstalling it. In this case, try repairing or resetting the app. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features, find the app, click on it and select “Advanced options.” There, you’ll find the options to repair or reset the app.
3. Missing files: Sometimes, the app’s files might be missing or damaged, making it impossible to uninstall. You can try reinstalling the app first, then uninstalling it again.
4. System glitches: Occasionally, a system glitch might cause your computer to have trouble uninstalling an app. In this case, restarting your computer could help resolve the issue.
5. Third-party uninstallers: If none of the above solutions work, you might consider using a third-party app uninstaller. These programs can help you remove stubborn apps that refuse to uninstall through the Microsoft Store or Windows settings.
Remember that uninstalling apps can have consequences, such as loss of data or app functionality. Always make sure to backup any important data before attempting to uninstall an app.
How do I delete items from Microsoft Store?
To delete items from Microsoft Store in the context of uninstall apps, follow these simple steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard or click on the Start button in the bottom-left corner of your screen to open the Start menu.
2. Locate the app that you want to uninstall by scrolling through the app list, or type the app’s name into the search bar.
3. Once you find the app, right-click on its icon, then click on Uninstall in the context menu that appears.
4. A prompt may appear asking for your confirmation to uninstall the app. Click on Uninstall or Yes to proceed.
5. The system will now uninstall the app from your computer. This process may take a few moments.
Please note that some built-in Microsoft apps, such as Microsoft Edge or the Microsoft Store itself, cannot be uninstalled using this method. If you need to remove a built-in app, you may need to use PowerShell or other advanced techniques, but exercise caution when doing so, as this can negatively impact your system if done incorrectly.
What is the step-by-step process to properly uninstall games from the Microsoft Store in the context of uninstall apps?
In the context of uninstall apps, here’s the step-by-step process to properly uninstall games from the Microsoft Store:
1. Open the Start menu: Click on the Windows icon located at the bottom-left corner of your screen or press the Windows key on your keyboard.
2. Find the game: Scroll through the list of installed applications or use the search bar to find the game you want to uninstall.
3. Right-click on the game: Once you locate the game, right-click on it to reveal a dropdown menu with different options.
4. Select “Uninstall”: In the dropdown menu, click on the “Uninstall” option. This will prompt a confirmation window.
5. Confirm the uninstallation: Click on the “Uninstall” button in the confirmation window to proceed with the uninstallation process. The game will be removed from your computer.
6. Check the Microsoft Store (optional): If you want to ensure the game has been uninstalled, open the Microsoft Store and visit the game’s page. If it has been uninstalled, you’ll see an “Install” button instead of a “Play” button.
By following these steps, you can easily uninstall games from the Microsoft Store and manage your apps effectively.
Are there any alternative methods or tools to effectively remove games from the Microsoft Store when focusing on uninstall apps?
Yes, there are alternative methods and tools to effectively remove games from the Microsoft Store when focusing on uninstall apps.
1. **Using Windows PowerShell**: PowerShell is a built-in utility in Windows that allows you to manage applications through command lines. To uninstall a game using PowerShell, follow these steps:
– Press **Windows + X** key and select **Windows PowerShell (Admin)** from the menu.
– Type the following command: *Get-AppxPackage -allusers | Select Name, PackageFullName* and press Enter. This will display a list of all installed applications.
– Find the game you want to uninstall, and copy its **PackageFullName**.
– Now type the command: *Remove-AppxPackage -Package [PackageFullName]* (Replace [PackageFullName] with the actual package name) and press Enter. This will uninstall the game from your system.
2. **Using third-party tools**: There are various third-party uninstaller apps that can help you effectively remove games from the Microsoft Store. Some reputable options include Revo Uninstaller, IObit Uninstaller, and Wise Program Uninstaller. These tools provide features such as deep scanning, leftover file removal, and batch uninstallation, making them effective solutions for uninstalling games and other apps.
Remember to use these alternative methods cautiously, as they might lead to unintended consequences if not executed correctly. Always backup your data and create a system restore point before attempting advanced actions like using Windows PowerShell or third-party tools.
How can we troubleshoot common issues that might arise while uninstalling games from the Microsoft Store in the realm of uninstall apps?
When uninstalling games from the Microsoft Store, users might encounter some common issues. In the realm of uninstall apps, here are some troubleshooting steps to resolve these problems:
1. Restart your device: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve issues related to the uninstallation process. Turn off your computer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on before attempting to uninstall the game.
2. Check for updates: Make sure that your system, Microsoft Store, and the game itself are up to date. Updates often contain improvements and bug fixes, which may resolve uninstallation issues.
3. Use the Windows Troubleshooter: Run the built-in Windows Troubleshooter to identify and fix any issues related to Microsoft Store apps. To access the troubleshooter, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters > Windows Store Apps, and click on “Run the troubleshooter.”
4. Reset the Microsoft Store cache: Clearing the cache of the Microsoft Store can help resolve uninstallation issues. Press the Windows key + R, type “wsreset.exe” in the Run box, and hit Enter. This will clear the Microsoft Store cache and restart the app.
5. Uninstall from Apps & Features: If you’re unable to uninstall the game through the Microsoft Store, try uninstalling it from the Apps & Features settings. Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features, find the game you wish to uninstall, click on it, and select “Uninstall.”
6. Remove the game folder manually: If all else fails, you can try to remove the game folder manually. Navigate to the folder containing the game files (usually found in C:Program FilesWindowsApps) and delete the corresponding folder. Note that you might need to take ownership of the folder before being able to delete it.
Remember to always back up your data before attempting any troubleshooting steps, as there is a risk of losing personal files and settings during the process.