How to Uninstall LogMeIn Mac: Your Step-by-Step Guide
Have you ever downloaded and installed LogMeIn on your Mac only to realize that it’s not serving your needs? Or perhaps, you’re just looking for a way to free up some space on your device? Whatever the reason may be, you have landed in the right place. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of how to uninstall LogMeIn Mac and ensure a clean removal.
Step 1: Prepare Your System for Uninstallation
Before jumping into the actual uninstallation process, there are a few simple but essential steps to follow to ensure a seamless experience:
- Close all running LogMeIn applications.
- Make sure you’re logged in as an administrator or have the required permissions to uninstall software from your device.
- Backup any important LogMeIn data or settings you wish to keep, as uninstallation will remove them permanently from your device.
Step 2: Uninstall LogMeIn Using the Built-In Uninstaller
The simplest way of uninstalling LogMeIn from your Mac is by using its built-in uninstaller. Here’s how:
- Open Finder and navigate to the Applications folder.
- Search for “LogMeIn” within the folder. You should see an application named “LogMeIn Uninstaller.”
- Double-click on the “LogMeIn Uninstaller” app, which will launch a new window.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
At this point, your system should be free of LogMeIn. However, some residual files may still linger on your device. To ensure a complete removal, follow the next steps.
Step 3: Locate and Delete Leftover Files and Folders
Removing these residual files is crucial for a clean uninstallation. Here’s how to find and delete them:
- Open Finder and click “Go” in the menu bar, then select “Go to Folder…”
- Type “/Library” (without quotes) and press Enter. This will open the Library folder.
- Within the Library folder, search for any files or folders containing “LogMeIn” in their names. Look specifically in the following subfolders:
- Application Support
Step 4: Check LaunchAgents and LaunchDaemons Folders
Lastly, we’ll look into two additional folders where LogMeIn files may still reside:
- In Finder, navigate to the “/Library/LaunchAgents” and “/Library/LaunchDaemons” folders.
- Search for any files containing “LogMeIn” in their names.
- Delete any LogMeIn-related files located in these folders and empty your Trash.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully uninstalled LogMeIn from your Mac and removed all residual files. Your system should now be clean and free of the LogMeIn application.
Now that you know how to uninstall LogMeIn Mac, you can confidently remove the software from your device whenever necessary. Following the steps outlined in this guide will ensure a clean removal, leaving your Mac ready for any new applications you may wish to install. So go ahead and give it a try – you’ll be surprised at how easy it can be!
How to Completely Uninstall an App on Mac
How To Remove Windows from Mac (Boot Camp)
How do I completely remove LogMeIn?
To completely remove LogMeIn from your computer, follow these steps:
1. Close any active LogMeIn sessions.
2. Open the Control Panel by pressing the Windows key and typing “Control Panel” in the search bar, then click on the app.
3. Click on Programs and Features or “Uninstall a program”.
4. Find LogMeIn in the list of installed programs, click on it, and then click on the Uninstall button.
5. You may need to provide administrator permission to continue. If prompted, click Yes or confirm the uninstallation process.
6. Follow the instructions provided by the uninstall wizard to completely remove LogMeIn from your system.
7. After the uninstallation is complete, restart your computer.
8. To ensure that all traces of LogMeIn are removed, you can use a third-party utility software like CCleaner or Revo Uninstaller to clean any leftover files or registry entries.
9. Finally, check your computer’s file system and the Windows Registry for any remaining files, folders, or registry keys related to LogMeIn. Be cautious when editing the Registry as it might cause system instability if not done correctly.
By following these steps, you should be able to completely remove LogMeIn from your computer.
How do I prevent LogMeIn from launching at startup Mac?
If you want to prevent LogMeIn from launching at startup on your Mac, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Apple menu in the top-left corner of your screen.
2. Select System Preferences.
3. Click on Users & Groups (or Accounts on older versions of macOS).
4. Choose your user account from the list on the left side of the window.
5. Click on the Login Items tab.
6. Locate LogMeIn in the list of startup applications.
7. Click LogMeIn to select it.
8. Click the – (minus) button below the list to remove LogMeIn from your startup items.
Now, LogMeIn will not launch at startup on your Mac. If you want to uninstall LogMeIn completely, follow these additional steps:
1. Open Finder.
2. Click on Applications in the left sidebar.
3. Locate the LogMeIn application.
4. Drag the LogMeIn application to the Trash in your Dock or right-click and select Move to Trash.
5. Empty your Trash by right-clicking on the Trash icon in your Dock and selecting Empty Trash.
These steps will prevent LogMeIn from launching at startup and uninstall the app from your Mac.
Where is LogMeIn on my Mac?
To locate LogMeIn on your Mac in the context of uninstalling apps, follow these steps:
1. Open a Finder window.
2. Click on Applications in the left sidebar.
3. In the Applications folder, look for the LogMeIn app.
Once you have located the LogMeIn app, you can proceed to uninstall it by following these steps:
1. Right-click or control-click on the LogMeIn app.
2. Select Move to Trash from the context menu.
3. Empty your trash bin to completely uninstall the app from your system.
How do I remove LogMeIn rescue from my computer?
To remove LogMeIn Rescue from your computer, follow these steps:
1. Close any running instances of LogMeIn Rescue on your computer.
2. Click the Start button in Windows, and select Control Panel.
3. In the Control Panel, select Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs (depending on your Windows version).
4. In the list of installed programs, find LogMeIn Rescue or a similar name like LogMeIn Rescue Technician Console.
5. Right-click on LogMeIn Rescue and select Uninstall (or click the Uninstall button at the top of the list in some Windows versions).
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the uninstall process.
7. Once the process is complete, restart your computer if prompted.
8. To ensure all remnants are removed, you may want to run a third-party cleaner utility like CCleaner or search for any leftover files/folders related to LogMeIn Rescue and delete them manually.
By following these steps, you should be able to remove LogMeIn Rescue from your computer successfully.
What are the step-by-step instructions to completely uninstall LogMeIn from a Mac?
Uninstalling LogMeIn from your Mac requires a few steps, but don’t worry; I will guide you through the process. Just follow these step-by-step instructions:
Step 1: Quit LogMeIn and associated processes
Before you uninstall LogMeIn, ensure that it’s not currently running on your Mac. To do this:
1. Open the Activity Monitor by pressing Command + Space, type “Activity Monitor,” and press Enter.
2. Look for any LogMeIn-related processes in the list and select them.
3. Click the “X” button in the top-left corner of the window to quit the selected process.
Step 2: Remove LogMeIn from the Applications folder
Next, you need to remove the LogMeIn app itself:
1. Open a Finder window and navigate to the Applications folder.
2. Locate the LogMeIn icon and drag it to the Trash or right-click and select “Move to Trash.”
Step 3: Delete LogMeIn-related files and folders
To ensure a complete uninstallation, you must delete all LogMeIn-related files and folders:
1. Open a Finder window and press Shift + Command + G to open the “Go to Folder” window.
2. Enter the following file paths, one at a time, and click “Go” to access each location. If you find any LogMeIn-related files or folders, move them to the Trash.
– ~/Library/Application Support
– /Library/Application Support
Step 4: Empty the Trash
After moving the LogMeIn files and folders to the Trash, you need to empty it to permanently delete them:
1. Right-click on the Trash icon in your Dock and select “Empty Trash.”
That’s it! You’ve successfully uninstalled LogMeIn from your Mac. If you ever need to reinstall it, simply visit the LogMeIn website and download the latest version.
Which files and folders should be removed manually when uninstalling LogMeIn on a macOS device?
When uninstalling LogMeIn on a macOS device, it’s essential to ensure that all related files and folders are removed. To manually remove LogMeIn, follow these steps:
1. Quit LogMeIn if it’s currently running. Right-click on the LogMeIn icon in the menu bar and select “Quit.”
2. Remove LogMeIn application: Go to the Applications folder and locate the LogMeIn app. Drag it to the Trash or right-click and select “Move to Trash.”
3. Delete LogMeIn support files: Navigate to the following folders and delete any associated files or folders related to LogMeIn:
– /Library/Application Support
4. Empty the Trash to permanently remove LogMeIn-related files from your macOS device.
Remember, it’s essential to properly identify the files associated with LogMeIn to avoid accidentally removing essential system files or files related to other applications.
If you’d rather use an app to uninstall LogMeIn and clean up its associated files, consider using a third-party uninstaller like AppCleaner or CleanMyMac X. These programs help automate the process of identifying and removing LogMeIn files, making it easier and safer for users.
Are there any recommended third-party app uninstallers to ensure a thorough removal of LogMeIn on Mac?
Yes, there are several recommended third-party app uninstallers to ensure a thorough removal of LogMeIn on Mac. These uninstallers can help you delete all associated files and folders, leaving no traces behind. Some popular options include:
1. AppCleaner: A free utility that completely uninstalls applications along with their associated files. Simply drag and drop the LogMeIn application into AppCleaner, and it will find all related files for removal.
2. AppDelete: This paid app ($7.99) offers an easy way to uninstall apps and remove all files associated with them. AppDelete works by searching your Mac for the LogMeIn app and its associated files, then simply move everything to the trash for easy deletion.
3. CleanMyMac X: This is a comprehensive system cleaning tool that comes with an uninstaller feature. It’s a paid app, but offers a free trial. The uninstaller in CleanMyMac X enables you to completely remove LogMeIn and its components from your Mac with just a few clicks.
4. AppZapper: AppZapper is another paid app ($12.95) that helps you uninstall applications on Mac with ease. Like the other options, it searches for related files and packages them together to be removed when you uninstall LogMeIn.
Remember to always back up your system before using any third-party software to uninstall applications. This ensures that you can recover any important data in case something goes wrong during the process.