# How to Uninstall League of Legends on Mac: A Step-by-Step Guide
Are you experiencing issues with League of Legends on your Mac, or simply want to free up some storage space? If so, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we’ll provide a clear and concise guide on how to uninstall League of Legends on Mac. But here’s the twist – there might be some hidden files that you need to remove as well. Don’t worry, we will cover that too. Just follow our simple instructions and League of Legends will be gone from your Mac before you know it.
## Why League of Legends Uninstall Mac is Necessary
League of Legends is an incredibly popular game that can take up a considerable amount of storage on your Mac. It is important to uninstall the game properly to free up space for other applications and to prevent any issues in the future.
Additionally, completely uninstalling League of Legends can help resolve common issues such as crashing, freezing, and slow performance if you later decide to reinstall the game.
So without further ado, let’s dive into the step-by-step process to successfully uninstall League of Legends on your Mac!
## Step 1: Quit League of Legends and Close Related Processes
Before you can begin uninstalling League of Legends, make sure the game is not running. To do this, right-click on the League of Legends icon in your Dock or Applications folder and select “Quit.” If the game is unresponsive or you cannot find the Quit option, open the Activity Monitor on your Mac, search for “League of Legends” or related processes like “LoL” or “PVP.net Patcher,” and click the “X” button to force quit the application.
Note: It is essential to close any related background processes, as failure to do so may cause issues during the uninstallation process.
## Step 2: Locate League of Legends in the Applications Folder
Open your Applications folder and look for the League of Legends icon. The Applications folder can be accessed through Finder, or by clicking on the “Go” menu at the top of your screen and selecting “Applications.”
## Step 3: Remove League of Legends from the Applications Folder
Once you have located the League of Legends icon, click and drag it to the Trash to remove the main game files. Alternatively, you can right-click the icon and select “Move to Trash.”
## Step 4: Find and Delete League of Legends Associated Files
In many cases, uninstalling an application doesn’t remove all associated files, which can take up valuable space on your Mac. To fully uninstall League of Legends, follow these steps to delete the remaining hidden files:
1. Open a Finder window and click on “Go” in the menu bar.
2. Hold the “Option” key (or “Alt” on some keyboards) and click on “Library,” which will appear when the Option key is held.
3. Look for the following folders:
– Caches: Search for folders named “com.riotgames.MacPatcher” and “com.riotgames.LeagueofLegends” and move them to the Trash.
– Application Support: Locate the “League of Legends” or “Riot Games” folder and move it to the Trash.
– Preferences: Find any file with “com.riotgames” in its name and move them to the Trash.
Note: Be cautious when deleting these files, as removing important system files may cause issues with your Mac.
## Step 5: Empty the Trash
Lastly, to permanently remove League of Legends from your Mac, empty the Trash by right-clicking on the Trash icon in your Dock and selecting “Empty Trash.”
And there you have it! You’ve successfully uninstalled League of Legends on your Mac. Remember, if you decide to reinstall the game in the future, a fresh installation may resolve any previously experienced issues. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends who might also want to uninstall League of Legends on their Macs!
How to Uninstall Programs on MacBook Pro/Air M1 [Permanently Delete Application]
How To Uninstall and Delete Apps and Programs on a Mac Computer
How do I completely uninstall LOL on Mac?
To completely uninstall LOL (League of Legends) on your Mac, follow these steps:
1. Quit LOL: Ensure that the game and any related processes are not running by right-clicking the app icon on the Dock and selecting “Quit” or using Command + Q.
2. Open Finder: Click on the Finder icon in the Dock.
3. Navigate to the Applications folder: Select the “Applications” folder from the sidebar, or press Shift + Command + A.
4. Delete the LOL app: Locate the “League of Legends” app and drag it to the Trash bin in the Dock or press Command + Delete.
5. Remove additional LOL files: Access the Library folder by navigating to the following path:
– Click “Go” in the menu bar while holding the Option key.
– Choose “Library” from the dropdown menu.
6. Search for associated files: In the Library folder, open the following directories and delete any files or folders related to “LeagueOfLegends” or “Riot Games”:
– Application Support
7. Empty the Trash: Right-click the Trash bin in the Dock and select “Empty Trash” to permanently delete the app and its associated files.
By following these steps, you will have successfully uninstalled LOL from your Mac.
How do I completely uninstall League of Legends?
To completely uninstall League of Legends, follow these steps:
1. Close the game and make sure it’s not running in the background.
2. Go to your computer’s Control Panel or Settings.
3. Click on Programs and Features (Windows 7) or Apps & Features (Windows 10).
4. Locate League of Legends in the list of installed programs.
5. Select League of Legends and click on Uninstall. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the game from your computer.
6. To ensure all components are removed, navigate to the installation folder (usually at C:Riot GamesLeague of Legends) and delete any remaining files or folders related to the game.
7. Empty your Recycle Bin to remove any leftover files permanently.
8. For a more thorough cleanup, you can also use a third-party uninstaller like Revo Uninstaller or IObit Uninstaller to remove any registry entries and leftover files associated with the game.
By following these steps, you will have completely uninstalled League of Legends from your computer.
How do I completely uninstall a game from my Mac?
To completely uninstall a game from your Mac, follow these steps:
1. Quit the game: Before uninstalling any app or game, make sure it’s not running. Right-click on the app’s icon in the Dock and choose “Quit” or press “Command + Q” while the game is active.
2. Open Finder: Click on the Finder icon in the Dock to open a new Finder window.
3. Go to the Applications folder: In the Finder window, locate the Applications folder in the left sidebar and click on it. You can also press “Shift + Command + A” to quickly access the Applications folder.
4. Find the game: Locate the game you want to uninstall in the Applications folder.
5. Delete the game: Drag the game’s icon to the Trash located in your Dock or right-click on the game and choose “Move to Trash.” You can also select the game and press “Command + Delete.”
6. Empty the Trash: To permanently delete the game, right-click on the Trash icon in the Dock and select “Empty Trash.” Alternatively, open the Trash and click on the “Empty” button in the upper-right corner. Keep in mind this will delete all items in the Trash, so make sure there’s nothing important there before emptying it.
7. Remove leftover files (optional): Some games may leave behind preference files, caches, or other data on your Mac. To remove these files, you can use a third-party uninstaller app like AppCleaner or search for the game’s name in the following folders: “~/Library/Preferences,” “~/Library/Application Support,” and “~/Library/Caches.” To access these folders, click on “Go” in the Finder menu bar, choose “Go to Folder,” and type in the folder path.
By following these steps, you should have completely uninstalled the game from your Mac.
What is the command to uninstall League of Legends?
To uninstall League of Legends, follow these steps:
a. Click on the Start menu and select Settings (gear icon).
b. Click on Apps.
c. In the list of installed apps, find and click on League of Legends.
d. Click the Uninstall button that appears.
e. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall process.
a. Open Finder.
b. Go to the Applications folder.
c. Locate League of Legends in the list of applications.
d. Right-click (or Ctrl-click) on the application and select Move to Trash.
e. Empty your trash to permanently uninstall the app.
Please note that these steps apply to standard installation paths. If you have installed the game in a custom location, you may need to manually delete the game folder.
How can I completely uninstall League of Legends from my Mac to free up storage space?
To completely uninstall League of Legends from your Mac and free up storage space, follow these steps:
1. Quit League of Legends: Make sure the game and PVP.net client are not running.
2. Open Finder: Click on the Finder icon in your dock to open a new Finder window.
3. Navigate to the Applications folder: In the Finder sidebar, click on “Applications” to access the folder containing all installed apps.
4. Locate League of Legends: Find the League of Legends app in the list of applications.
5. Drag League of Legends to Trash: Click and drag the app to the Trash bin in your dock.
6. Empty Trash: Right-click on the Trash bin and select “Empty Trash” to delete League of Legends completely.
7. Delete additional files and folders: Some additional files and folders related to League of Legends might still be present on your Mac. To completely remove them, follow these steps:
a. Press Command + Shift + G: This will open the Go to Folder dialog box.
b. Enter the file path: Type in ~/Library/ and click on “Go” to open the hidden Library folder.
c. Search for League of Legends files: Search for any files or folders containing “League of Legends” or “Riot Games” in their names. Some potential folders to look into are Application Support, Caches, Containers, Logs, and Preferences.
d. Delete the files and folders: Drag any found files and folders to the Trash and empty the Trash again.
8. Restart your Mac: This ensures that any leftover files or processes related to League of Legends are removed completely.
By following these steps, you should have successfully uninstalled League of Legends and freed up storage space on your Mac.
Are there any third-party uninstall apps that can effectively remove all traces of League of Legends on a Mac?
Yes, there are third-party uninstall apps that can effectively remove all traces of League of Legends on a Mac. One of the most recommended uninstallers is AppCleaner, which is a free and easy-to-use application specifically designed for macOS. It helps in removing not only the main application files but also the associated files, such as caches, preferences, and logs.
Another popular uninstall app for Mac is CleanMyMac X. It is a powerful cleaning tool that can not only uninstall applications but also optimize your Mac’s performance. With its intuitive interface and robust features, CleanMyMac X makes it easy to remove League of Legends along with its leftover files.
Keep in mind that you should always exercise caution when using third-party uninstall apps, ensuring that you download them from reputable sources and verifying their compatibility with your macOS version.
What common issues might I encounter when attempting to uninstall League of Legends from a Mac, and how can they be resolved?
When attempting to uninstall League of Legends from a Mac, you might encounter some common issues that can obstruct the process. Here are some possible problems and how they can be resolved in the context of uninstall apps:
1. Incomplete uninstallation:
Sometimes, dragging the League of Legends app to the Trash does not remove all the associated files. To resolve this issue, use a dedicated app removal tool such as AppCleaner, which will remove all related files, ensuring a complete uninstallation.
2. The app is still running or frozen:
Before uninstalling, ensure the League of Legends application is closed. If it’s frozen, press Option + Command + Escape to open the Force Quit Applications window, select the app, and click on the Force Quit button.
3. Remaining hidden files and folders:
If hidden files or folders are left behind after uninstalling League of Legends, navigate to the Library folder by opening Finder, clicking on Go in the menu bar, and holding down the Option key. Select the “Library” option and search for any remaining files/folders related to League of Legends. Drag them to the Trash to delete them.
4. System permissions:
In rare cases, system permissions may prevent uninstallation. To check and modify permissions, right-click on the League of Legends app, select Get Info, and locate the Sharing & Permissions section. Ensure your user account has privileges to read and write, then try again to uninstall.
By following these steps, you should be able to resolve most issues encountered when trying to uninstall League of Legends from a Mac.