Welcome to our latest post! Today we’re delving into the world of audiobooks, a great companion for any time of the day. More specifically, we’ll guide you on how to download audiobooks for free on iPhone. Stay with us and enrich your multimedia library without spending a dime.
Step-by-step Guide to Downloading Audiobooks for Free on Your iPhone
Audiobooks have seen an increased popularity over the last few years, providing a convenient way to consume literature while on-the-go. If you’re looking to download them for free on your iPhone, we’ll guide you step-by-step on how to do it.
Step 1: Installing a Compatible Audiobook App
First, you’ll need to choose and install a suitable app that supports audiobooks. There are several free apps available such as iBooks, Audible, or Librivox. Once you’ve made your choice, open the App Store, type your chosen app’s name, and then click “Get” to install it.
Step 2: Search for Free Audiobooks
After installing your chosen app, go to its search bar and type in the title of the book you’re interested in. Be sure to also include the word ‘free’ in your search. For example, if you’re searching on iBooks, type “free audiobooks” into the search bar.
Step 3: Download the Audiobook
Once you’ve found a book you want, it’s time to download it. Select the book then hit the “Get” button to start your download. Depending on your internet connection, this may take a few minutes.
Step 4: Accessing Your Audiobook
After downloading the book, it’s time to access it. Go to your library or your chosen app’s specific section for audiobooks. Tap on the downloaded title to start listening.
Step 5: Enjoy Your Audiobook
Now, all that’s left is to enjoy your new audiobook! Remember that you can adjust the playback speed and use the sleep timer function to customize your listening experience.
The process shared above is one of the easiest ways to download free audiobooks on your iPhone. Remember, not all books will always be available for free, but with a bit of browsing, you’re sure to find something that catches your interest. Happy listening!
How to Download Books for Free in PDF | Free Books PDF Download | Free Books Download
How to get ALL ebooks & audiobooks free – even if your library sucks!
I learned a system for remembering everything
What are the steps to download audiobooks on an iPhone?
Surely, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to download audiobooks on an iPhone:
1. Open the Apple Books app: This is the default app on your iPhone for reading books and listening to audiobooks.
2. Tap on ‘Audiobooks’ at the bottom of the screen: This will take you to the audiobook section of the app.
3. Search for the audiobook you want to download: You can do this by tapping on the ‘Search’ button at the lower right corner of the screen and type in the title of the audiobook.
4. Select the audiobook from the search results: Tap on the audiobook you want to download. This will take you to the audiobook’s detail page.
5. Tap on the price or ‘Get’ button: The button will either display the price of the audiobook or it will say ‘Get’ if it’s free. You’ll be asked to verify your Apple ID and password.
6. Wait for the audiobook to download: Once your purchase is confirmed, the download will begin. A progress bar will appear below the audiobook showing the download progress.
7. Go to ‘Library’ to access your downloaded audiobook: Once the download is complete, you can listen to your audiobook by tapping ‘Library’ and selecting the ‘Audiobooks’ tab.
Remember that downloading audiobooks might take several minutes or more depending on the size of the file and the speed of your internet connection. Make sure you have enough storage space on your iPhone as well.
How can I obtain audiobooks for free?
While it’s important to respect and support the work of authors and publishers, there are still legitimate ways to access free audiobooks. Here’s how:
1. Librivox: This is a non-profit initiative that aims to make all books in the public domain available as free audiobooks. You can browse their vast selection on their website, or use their free app.
2. Project Gutenberg: Project Gutenberg has a good selection of free audiobooks in the public domain. These books are read by volunteers from around the world and you can choose from different reading speeds.
3. Loyal Books: Formerly known as Books Should Be Free, Loyal Books provides free Public Domain Audiobooks & eBook Downloads.
4. Internet Archive: It offers an extensive collection of free audiobooks, which are available for download or online listening.
5. Open Culture: They provide links to free audiobooks available across the web, encompassing a total of 900 audiobooks.
6. Spotify: Though Spotify is not completely free (ad-supported), they do offer a wealth of audiobooks on their platform.
Remember, if you enjoy an author’s work, consider purchasing their books or audiobooks to support them.
Is Audible available for free on iPhone?
No, Audible is not available for free on iPhone. You need a paid subscription to access Audible’s library of audiobooks and other content. However, the app itself can be downloaded free of charge from the App Store. Also, they usually offer a free trial for new users, allowing you to try out the service before deciding to pay for it. In addition, there are some free books available, but these are limited.
How can I access free audiobooks from a library?
There are several ways for you to access free audiobooks from a library using various software. Here are a few options to consider.
OverDrive & Libby
OverDrive is a service that partners with libraries and schools in dozens of countries to lend digital content to members. Libby is an app by OverDrive that’s designed to make borrowing and enjoying e-books and audiobooks easier than ever. To use either, you just need your library card information.
Hoopla is another digital media service offered by local libraries. It allows you to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone. Like OverDrive, Hoopla requires a valid library card.
RBdigital brings together brands like Recorded Books, Zinio, Instantflix and more under one app. Libraries that partner with RBdigital can offer their patrons audiobook and ebook collections, digital magazines, educational material, streaming video services, and more.
To access free audiobooks from these apps, first download the application from the app store on your device. Then, locate your library and sign in using your library card. Once logged in, you can browse through the selection of audiobooks and download titles to listen to.
It’s important to note that the availability of digital material may vary between different libraries. Check with your local branch if you run into any issues accessing the resources provided.
What are the legal ways to download free audiobooks on an iPhone?
There are several **legal** ways to download free audiobooks on an iPhone. Some of the most notable solutions for this include:
1. Librivox: Librivox is a non-profit initiative where volunteer readers record public domain texts and make them available as free audiobooks. The Librivox app is available for free on the App Store.
2. Loyal Books: Loyal Books is similar to Librivox in that it provides free public domain audiobooks, but it also has a kids section which might be particularly useful for parents. You can stream or download the books.
3. Project Gutenberg: Project Gutenberg doesn’t have an app per se, but it does offer over 60,000 freely available public domain books (including a substantial number of audiobooks) which you can download and listen to on your iPhone.
4. Audible: While Audible is primarily a paid service, it offers free audiobooks as part of its 30-day trial. Just remember to cancel the subscription before the trial is up if you don’t aim to continue with the paid service.
5. OverDrive: OverDrive is an online service that enables you to check out digital copies of books from more than 30,000 libraries worldwide. All you need is a library card and the free Libby app which you can download from the App Store.
6. Hoopla Digital: Similar to OverDrive, Hoopla Digital partners with local libraries to offer free audio and digital books. To use this service, you will need to download the free Hoopla Digital app from the App Store.
Remember, it’s important to respect copyright laws when downloading audiobooks or any other form of media. The sources listed above are all legal options for free audiobook downloads.
Can you recommend any websites or apps for downloading free audiobooks on my iPhone?
Absolutely, here are some recommendations for you:
1. Librivox: It is a popular website where volunteers record audiobooks from books that are in the public domain. The app version is available for iPhone users.
2. Loyal Books: Just like Librivox, this platform offers public domain audiobooks for free. You can directly download onto your iPhone or iPad, but it’s not a dedicated app.
3. OverDrive: This app allows you to borrow audiobooks, ebooks, and videos from thousands of public libraries worldwide. The app itself is free, though each library may charge additional fees.
4. Open Culture: Though not an app itself, Open Culture provides links to download over 700 free audiobooks via iTunes, so it’s great for iPhone and iPad users.
5. Audiobooks.com: While primarily a paid service, Audiobooks.com does offer one free book as part of its 30-day trial.
6. LearnOutLoud: A website with a focus on educational materials, LearnOutLoud has a free section with over 10,000 educational and inspirational works to choose from.
Remember, since these platforms offer free content, they mostly provide books that are in the public domain. For newer books, you might need to explore paid assets or your local library digital resources.
How can I easily download and listen to free audiobooks on my iPhone?
Sure, the following steps guide you on how to easily download and listen to free audiobooks on your iPhone:
1. Download the Librivox app from the Apple App Store. It has a catalog of over 50,000+ free audiobooks.
2. Once you’ve installed the app, open Librivox. You will see different categories like genres, authors, titles, etc.
3. Go to the search bar at the top of the screen to search for the specific audiobook you want to download.
4. Once you’ve found the audiobook, tap on it, then tap on the download link. Usually, the downloaded file is in MP3 format which is supported by iPhone.
5. After the audiobook is downloaded, it will automatically be available in your Librivox app ready to listen.
Remember, being able to download and listen to free audio books legally depends on the copyright status of the book. Books that are in the public domain are usually the ones available for free.
What steps do I need to follow to download and install free audiobooks on my iPhone?
Sure, here’s how you can download and install free audiobooks on your iPhone:
1. Find a suitable app: First, you need to download an app that provides free audiobooks. Some popular options include Librivox, OverDrive, Loyal Books, and more. Choose the one that best fits your needs.
2. Download the App: Visit the App Store on your iPhone, type in the app name in the search bar, and tap the ‘Get’ button to download it.
3. Install the App: After downloading, the app will automatically be installed on your iPhone. Find the app icon on your home screen.
4. Open the App & Sign Up/Log In: Open the app by tapping on it. If you have never used the app before, you may be required to sign up for a new account or log in if you already have one.
5. Browse for Audiobooks: Once logged in, you can now browse or search for free audiobooks. Some apps may allow you to sort by categories, like genre, author, or language.
6. Select and Download the Audiobook: Once you’ve found an audiobook you want, tap on it. There should be an option to download the audiobook. Tapping this will begin the download.
7. Listen to the Audiobook: After the download is complete, you can start listening to the audiobook directly from the app. Most apps will allow you to control the playback speed and make bookmarks.
Remember, these steps may vary slightly depending on the app you choose to use. Make sure to keep your app updated for the best performance.
Are there any specific settings on my iPhone that I need to modify to download free audiobooks?
Sure, there are a few steps you need to follow to download free audiobooks on your iPhone. I’m presuming the audiobooks you’re referring to are from a free, public domain source, such as Project Gutenberg or Librivox.
1. First of all, make sure that you have the iBooks app installed on your iPhone. If not, you can easily download it from the App Store.
2. Once you have iBooks installed, open your Safari browser and navigate to the website where the free audiobook is available.
3. Choose the audiobook you want to download and find the “download” link. Click on it. Depending on the website, the language can vary, but you’re looking for an option to get the file onto your device.
4. A window should pop up asking you if you want to “Open in iBooks”. Tap that button.
5. The file will be downloaded and automatically opened in iBooks for you to listen to at your convenience.
Remember, only download content that’s lawfully made available for free. Downloading copyrighted material could lead to legal issues.
How can I download free audiobooks on my iPhone without subscribing to any service?
There are several ways to download free audiobooks on your iPhone without subscribing to any service. Here’s a step-by-step guide for one of the most popular methods, using the **OverDrive** library platform.
1. Download the **OverDrive** or **Libby** app from the Apple App Store. OverDrive allows you to borrow ebooks and audiobooks from your local library’s digital collection. Libby is a more user-friendly version of OverDrive.
2. Open the app and select **”Find My Library”**. This should help you find libraries near your location that you might be able to borrow digital media from.
3. Once you’ve found your library, you’ll need to enter your library card details. If you don’t have a library card, you can usually apply for one online through your library’s website.
4. After logging in with your library card, you can browse the library’s digital collection. When you find an audiobook you’re interested in, click on **”Borrow”**.
5. Once you’ve borrowed an audiobook, you can download it to your device by going to your **”Loans”** page and selecting **”Download”**.
Remember, the selection of books will depend on your local library’s collection, but many libraries have a wide range of popular titles available.
Please note: While OverDrive and Libby are really free, they do require a library card from a library that supports OverDrive, which not all libraries do. In this case, try looking for other similar apps or websites like **Project Gutenberg**, **Loyal Books**, **Internet Archive**, etc. that provide free audiobooks and don’t require a library card.
Is there a way to download free audiobooks to my iPhone’s native Books App?
Absolutely, you can download free audiobooks to your iPhone’s native Books App, and the process is pretty straightforward.
To get started, you’ll first need a source for your free audiobooks. Sites like Project Gutenberg or Librivox offer a massive collection of public domain books, which are often available as free audiobook downloads.
Once you’ve found an audiobook you want to download, follow these steps:
1. Download the Audiobook files: These are usually in MP3 format. Make sure to save them somewhere you can easily find on your computer.
2. Transfer files to your iPhone: Connect your iPhone to your computer. Open iTunes and click on the device icon to open the device’s summary page. In the left menu, go to ‘Audiobooks’, drag and drop the downloaded audiobook files into this window.
3. Synchronize your iPhone: Click the Apply or Sync button at the bottom of the iTunes window. This will transfer the audiobooks to your iPhone’s Books app.
4. Find the Audiobook on your iPhone: Open the Books app on your iPhone, select the Library tab, and then select the Audiobooks category. You should now see the transferred audiobook listed and can play it directly from there.
Remember that while many great classic books are available for free, not all books will be free. Make sure to respect copyright laws when downloading content.