Title: **5 Essential Steps to Uninstall League of Legends on Windows 11**
Are you tired of the never-ending battles and sleepless nights glued to your computer screen? Perhaps it’s time to take a break from the Summoner’s Rift and uninstall League of Legends from your Windows 11. But what if I told you that there’s an efficient, expert-approved method to remove the game without leaving any trace? In this article, we will guide you through **5 crucial steps to uninstall League of Legends on Windows 11** seamlessly.
## Step 1: Close the Game and Related Processes
Before uninstalling League of Legends, ensure that the game and its related processes are closed. This step is important because removing a program while it’s running may result in data corruption, error messages, or unexpected behaviors.
To close the game and its related processes, go to Task Manager by pressing **Ctrl + Shift + Esc** on your keyboard. In the “Processes” tab, look for any instances related to League of Legends, such as **LoLLauncher.exe**, **LoLClient.exe**, or **League of Legends.exe**. Select each process and click “End task” or “End process.”
## Step 2: Navigate to the Uninstaller
On Windows 11, the process of navigating to the uninstaller has changed compared to previous versions of the operating system. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Open the Start menu by clicking the **Windows icon** on the left corner of the taskbar.
2. In the search bar, type **Settings** and hit Enter to open the Settings app.
3. Click on **Apps** section, followed by **Apps & features**.
4. Scroll down the list or use the search bar at the top to find **League of Legends**.
Once you locate the game in the list, you’re ready for the next step.
## Step 3: Run the Uninstaller
After locating League of Legends in the Apps & features list, it’s time to run the uninstaller. Click on the **three vertical dots** next to the game and choose **Uninstall** from the dropdown menu. A confirmation window will appear; click “Yes” to proceed with the uninstallation.
Depending on your system configuration, you might need to provide administrator permission to continue with the uninstallation. If prompted, click “Yes” or enter the administrator password.
## Step 4: Remove Remaining Files and Folders
Sometimes, uninstalling a program may leave some configuration files, logs, or cached data behind. To completely remove League of Legends from your system and free up storage space, it’s essential to delete these remaining files and folders manually. You can typically find these remnants in the following locations:
– The installation folder, usually located in **C:Riot GamesLeague of Legends**
– User-specific data in **%USERPROFILE%DocumentsLeague of Legends**
To remove these folders, follow these instructions:
1. Open File Explorer by pressing **Windows key + E** or clicking the folder icon on the taskbar.
2. Navigate to the aforementioned folder locations.
3. Right-click on the **League of Legends** folder and select **Delete**.
Remember to empty your Recycle Bin after deleting the folders to permanently erase the data.
## Step 5: Clean Registry Entries
The final step to ensure a clean uninstallation is removing any League of Legends-related registry entries. This should be done carefully, as modifying the Windows registry without proper knowledge might cause system instability or other issues.
Here’s how to remove league of legends-related registry entries:
1. Press **Windows key + R** to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type **regedit** and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
3. Press **Ctrl + F** to open the search dialog and type **League of Legends** or **Riot Games** to find related entries.
4. Delete any keys or values associated with the game, but be cautious not to delete unrelated registry entries.
After completing these steps, you should have successfully uninstalled League of Legends from your Windows 11 PC without leaving any traces behind. In case you decide to return the Summoner’s Rift in the future, you can always reinstall the game and pick up from where you left off.
Remember that uninstalling a software should always be done methodically to avoid issues or errors. By following this expert guide on **how to uninstall League of Legends on Windows 11**, you can confidently remove the game and ensure your system remains clean and stable. Happy gaming (or in this case, happy break from the game)!
How to Clear ALL CACHE & JUNK From Windows 11 & Windows 10 (Easy Way)
How to Uninstall Programs in Windows 11 | Uninstall Apps on Windows 11
How do I completely uninstall League of Legends on Windows?
To completely uninstall League of Legends on Windows, follow these steps:
1. Close League of Legends and the Riot Games client: Make sure there are no active processes related to League of Legends or Riot Games running in the background.
2. Open Control Panel: Click on the Start button or press the Windows key, type “Control Panel” in the search box, and press Enter.
3. Navigate to Programs and Features: In the Control Panel window, click on “Programs” or “Programs and Features.”
4. Find League of Legends: In the list of installed programs, locate “League of Legends” and click on it to select it.
5. Uninstall League of Legends: With League of Legends selected, click on the “Uninstall” button above the list of programs. Follow the prompts that appear to uninstall the game.
6. Delete leftover files (optional but recommended): By default, League of Legends is installed in the C: drive. Open File Explorer and navigate to the directory where League of Legends was installed (usually “C:Riot GamesLeague of Legends”). Delete the entire “League of Legends” folder.
7. Delete the Riot Games folder (optional): If you don’t have any other Riot Games installed on your computer, you can also delete the entire “Riot Games” folder found in the same directory as the “League of Legends” folder.
8. Restart your computer: This step ensures that any residual files or processes are cleared out.
By following these steps, you will have completely uninstalled League of Legends from your Windows computer.
How to uninstall Riot and League of Legends?
Uninstalling Riot and League of Legends is a straightforward process for both Windows and Mac operating systems. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to uninstall both applications from your computer:
1. Click the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen.
2. Type “Control Panel” in the search bar, and press Enter to open it.
3. Click on Programs and Features (or “Uninstall a program” if you’re using the category view).
4. Locate Riot Vanguard in the list of installed programs. Right-click on it, and select Uninstall.
5. Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation of Riot Vanguard.
6. Next, locate League of Legends in the list of installed programs. Right-click on it, and select Uninstall.
7. Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation of League of Legends.
1. Open Finder by clicking the Finder icon in your dock.
2. Select Applications in the left sidebar.
3. Locate the League of Legends folder, right-click (or control-click) on it, and select Move to Trash.
4. Now, find the Riot Vanguard folder, right-click (or control-click) on it, and select Move to Trash.
5. Lastly, empty your Trash by right-clicking on the Trash icon in the dock and selecting Empty Trash.
That’s it! You have successfully uninstalled Riot and League of Legends from your computer.
Is Windows 11 good for League of Legends?
Windows 11 is generally considered to be an efficient and reliable platform for running various games, including League of Legends. However, it is essential to keep your system clean and optimized to ensure the best gaming experience. This includes being mindful of the presence of unnecessary apps or software that may impact the performance of your computer.
In the context of uninstalling apps, Windows 11 offers a user-friendly interface to easily uninstall applications that you no longer need or use. Uninstalling apps helps in freeing up system resources and improving the overall performance of your computer. As a result, removing unwanted apps could lead to a better gaming experience when playing League of Legends.
To summarize, Windows 11 is an excellent choice for running League of Legends provided that you maintain a clean and optimized system by routinely uninstalling unnecessary applications.
How to uninstall League of Legends Riot Client Windows 10?
If you want to uninstall League of Legends Riot Client on your Windows 10 computer, follow this step-by-step guide:
1. Close the Riot Client: Make sure the Riot Client and any related processes are closed before proceeding with the uninstallation.
2. Open the Control Panel: Click on the Start button, type “Control Panel” in the search bar, and select it from the search results.
3. Navigate to Programs and Features: In the Control Panel window, click on “Programs” and then “Programs and Features.”
4. Locate League of Legends: Scroll through the list of installed programs until you find “League of Legends.” Click on it to select it.
5. Uninstall the program: Click the “Uninstall” button near the top of the window. A prompt may appear asking you to confirm that you want to uninstall the program. Click “Yes” or “Uninstall” to proceed.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions: The League of Legends uninstaller will now open. Follow the prompts to remove the game and its associated files from your computer.
7. Delete any remaining files (optional): After uninstalling the game, check your computer for any leftover files. Navigate to the installation folder (usually located at C:Riot GamesLeague of Legends) and delete the folder if it still exists. Additionally, you can delete the “Riot Games” folder in your user’s “Documents” folder for a complete removal of all game-related files.
8. Restart your computer: Once the uninstallation is complete, restart your computer to ensure that all changes have been applied.
That’s it! You have successfully uninstalled the League of Legends Riot Client from your Windows 10 computer.
What is the most efficient method to uninstall League of Legends on Windows 11, considering possible hidden files and folders?
The most efficient method to uninstall League of Legends on Windows 11 while taking into account possible hidden files and folders involves following these steps:
1. Uninstall using the Windows Settings: Press the Windows key + I to open Settings, click on ‘Apps’, then search for “League of Legends” in the search bar. Click on the app and select ‘Uninstall’. This will remove the main game files.
2. Delete leftover files and folders: Some files might remain even after uninstalling the game. To ensure complete removal, navigate to the default installation folder (usually located in C:Riot GamesLeague of Legends) and delete the entire folder if it still exists.
3. Remove hidden files: Type %AppData% into the File Explorer address bar and press Enter. This will take you to the ‘Roaming’ folder. Find the ‘Riot Games’ folder and delete it. Then, go back one level and navigate to the ‘Local’ folder, find any ‘Riot Games’ or ‘League of Legends’ folders and delete them as well.
4. Clean the registry: Use a trusted registry cleaner software, like CCleaner or Wise Registry Cleaner, to scan and delete any leftover registry entries related to League of Legends. Be cautious when using registry cleaner tools and only proceed if you’re familiar with the process.
5. Restart your computer: After completing all the steps, restart your computer to ensure that all changes have taken effect and League of Legends is completely uninstalled.
Following these steps should result in a thorough removal of League of Legends on Windows 11, including any possible hidden files and folders related to the game.
How can I completely remove any remaining traces of League of Legends from my Windows 11 system after uninstalling the main application?
To completely remove any remaining traces of League of Legends from your Windows 11 system after uninstalling the main application, follow these steps:
1. Uninstall the main application: If you haven’t already, go to “Settings” > “Apps” > “Apps & features” > Find and select “League of Legends” > Click “Uninstall.” Follow the steps to remove the main application.
2. Delete game folders: Navigate to the folder where League of Legends was installed, usually under “C:Program Files (x86)Riot Games” or “C:Program FilesRiot Games”. Delete the entire “Riot Games” folder.
3. Remove residual files and folders: Press `Win + R` to open the Run dialog box, and type `%AppData%`. Press Enter. Locate the “Riot Games” folder in the “AppDataRoaming” directory and delete it. Repeat this step for `%LocalAppData%` and `%ProgramData%`.
4. Clean the registry: Press `Win + R`, type “regedit,” and press Enter to open the Registry Editor. Important: Before proceeding, create a backup of your registry by clicking “File” > “Export” > Choose a location and file name > Click “Save.” Now, search for any instances of “Riot Games” or “League of Legends” and delete them. Specifically, look under the following keys:
– HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWOW6432Node (for 64-bit systems)
5. Restart your computer: Reboot your system to ensure all changes are applied.
After completing these steps, any remaining traces of League of Legends should be removed from your Windows 11 system.
Are there any third-party uninstaller apps that are particularly effective at removing League of Legends from a Windows 11 device?
Yes, there are several third-party uninstaller apps that are particularly effective at removing League of Legends from a Windows 11 device. Two popular and effective alternatives include Revo Uninstaller and IObit Uninstaller. These applications can help remove leftover files and registry entries, ensuring a clean uninstall process.